Saturday, February 27, 2010

First blog - who I am

Working in on-line marketing, getting real statistics of consumers behavior (through different web analytics tools) and developing the behavior of social media users (through fan page statistics and advertising statistics on facebook) gave me an idea of studying the power in the social media.

I'm currently working on my master thesis on this topic.

My theoretical concept includes so far three basic resources: postmodern society, information society and network society. I’m using these concepts to establish the framework of trends in contemporary society.

According to this I’m defining social media: firstly the main characteristics, then I will try to reveal the aspects of power through the change of knowledge (fragmentary, not concentrated and present everywhere), through the network character of social media (which nodes get power and why, what’s this power like) and through the character of information spread in social media environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment